Sunday, April 21, 2013

Let's Get Down to Business

The last two weeks were full of some great training.  This has been the first two back-to-back, full, training weeks I've managed to get through.  I have a good training schedule going now, and I intend to stick with it.  It feels almost invigorating to have a new race in mind, and a training plan to go with it.

I know the Bangalore Ultra is still a long ways away, but I'd really like to focus on building an endurance foundation this time around.  My goal for this training session, roughly the next 6 months, is to get to the point where 40-50 mile weeks are relatively easy.  I only had 2 weeks that were over 40 miles in my training plan for the 2012 Marine Corps Marathon.  I've got 6 weeks of 40 or more miles in my training plan for the BU, and, depending on how quickly I progress in getting my mileage up, I may add 3-4 more weeks of 40+ miles.  I'm starting from a much different point fitness-wise for this race, not to mention I'm about 30 pounds lighter, so I'm optimistic that increasing my mileage will be a bit easier.

I ran with Hyderabad Runners last weekend, and I was surprised to see so many people.  There were at least 30 runners, and the group was very inviting.  I was excited to see some extremely talented runners as well.  I think this group will be a great help in getting my long runs in, and they will also be a great support system for training for my first ultra marathon, since many of them have run ultras or ironmans before.

Training Summary for Last Week:

Monday:       Off
Tuesday:       6.38 km; 36:33; avg. pace 5:44/km
Wednesday:  6.16 km; 36:16; avg. pace 5:53/km
Thursday:      Rowing: 3 km; 15:06; avg. pace 5:02/km
Friday:          Off
Saturday:      7.47 km; 46:31; avg. pace 6:14/km
Sunday:        10.19 km; 1:05:33; avg. pace 6:26/km

Total Km:         30.2 km
Total Time:       3:04:53
Average Pace:  6:07/km

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment