Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Random Training Update

I was planning on doing a max heart rate test today, but I decided that I'm going to wait until after my next rest week.  My legs were feeling tired from last weeks running, and I just didn't feel up to running myself ragged at 5:30 this morning.  Last week felt really good, and I'm motivated to stick to my training plan.  I'm not going to really worry about the heart rate monitor stuff right now.  I don't want to slow the momentum I've gained going into my next couple weeks of progression/building.  I'm just going to set my pace where it feels comfortable.  I'm more worried about gaining mileage rather than speed right now, so later in my training I'll incorporate some heart rate training principles to really focus each run on exactly what I want to improve.  Not much exciting going on...just running!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment