Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Run #3

It was a beautiful day in Arlington today.  It was in the upper 70's with an occasional cloud blocking out the sun for a moment.  I ran 6 miles today on the Mount Vernon Trail which snakes along the Potomac River.  Runners, bikers, business folk, and some just out for a stroll; people were buzzing about soaking up the nice weather.  One cyclist today hollered out, "On your left!" and I stuck out a short wave with my one free hand to let her know that I heard her.  She passed me, then looked back over her shoulder at Thumper in the stroller with his feet spread out like he was trying to do the splits, each foot hanging out opposite sides of the stroller, and Bambi dragging behind me with his tongue flopped out one side of his mouth and said, "Thanks!  Have a great day!"  I thought it was kind of funny.  It reminded me about smiling when I run.  Smiling always seems to make my run, or day, a little better.  Maybe this sage cyclist new something about endurance sports.  She certainly looked the part.

I happened to see two other Fivefinger runners today.  They looked very serious, and in a completely different league of running than I.  Neither one seemed to even acknowledge me while running.  One of them even passed me twice during my run.

I think I pushed Bambi to his limit today.  Maybe he should stay home for any runs more than 4 miles.  Here's a picture of him lounging in his bed after our run.  He bolted over there so fast I didn't even have time to take the leash off.


We stopped at the 3-mile mark to give Thumper a little time out of the stroller, and Bambi some rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment